My thoughts are all over the place right now and I figured it was time to get them down because I want to remember them. There is no rhyme or reason…just thoughts.
1. Trying to figure out what my goals will be for 2011. Thinking back to 2010, I get the feeling the things I accomplished were definitely not for my own gain but rather preparation for God’s bigger and better plans for me. As I spend more and more time in prayer about what the year may have in store for me, there is one word and one word only that God keeps placing in my mind. I am not at a place I want to share that word yet because to be honest…I am having an ongoing
arguement conversation with God about this and keep asking him, “Are you sure?”. He hasn’t changed His answer…and I don’t think He is going to. Last year…actually the past 3 years…God has taught me a lot about endurance, perseverance, strength, love, kindness. This year He wants to put those lessons to some good use. I am nervous, scared, excited, unsure…expecting great things in spite of myself.
2. My health…overall good as far as I know. A few little things that need attention that I keep putting off. I am working on that. I am probably in the best shape I have ever been in (consistent exercise will do that) and that feels great!!! I am very encouraged by the fact that I made it through 2009 and 2010 without any surgery!!!! I had enough in 07 and 08 to last a lifetime. Hoping to carry that over into this year.
3. Kids…where do I start??? Oldest is 13 and is amazingly the smartest person on the planet. Youngest is 10 (will be 11 in April). The two of them just really don’t like each other most of the time and their fighting just sucks the life right out of me. My two main stress relievers at the moment are shopping and consistent exercise. Don’t hold me to this but the exercise thing probably works better than the shopping and is overall better for me BUT…I am not going to stop shopping 🙂 So back to the kids….they really are good girls and both love the Lord. They love to go to church and are my biggest fans (along with hubby). M (the oldest) has taken up golfing and is a member of the high school golf team. Now, I don’t know much about golf but she is pretty darn good to be starting out. It seems to come naturally for her. She has even gotten me out on the course a few times.
4. The hubby…works his tail off so I can be a stay at home mommy. I swear, I don’t know how I did it all when I was still working. If you ever get the opportunity to stay home with your kids, DO IT!!! I wish I could have been home when they were younger…I missed out on so much. Even though they drive me CRAZY at times, I am so greatful to be home with them. Oops…back to the hubby…he is starting the year off with a bang…being ordained as a deacon of our amazing church this evening. To say I am proud is an understatement…God has great things in store for him and I am so thankful to be his wife! I guess I will have to straighten up and fly right since I will be a deacons wife now 🙂
5. Bible study…doing the read through the New Testament in a year with my church and keeping track of my God Sightings. What are God Sightings(my mom calls them “God Winks”) you ask? Well, it is recognizing how God works in every single detail of your life every single day. We have been encouraged to write them down somewhere…like a prayer journal. I have already noticed that most (if not all) of my God Sightings are direct answers to prayers that are so easy to overlook or explain away as “good luck”. I am actually keeping track of mine on some blank pages in the back of my bible…for me, I could think of no better place to record them. I am also a part of a small group of ladies who meet weekly for bible study, prayer, encouragement, accountability…I believe we are getting ready to start a study on the book of Jonah and am so looking forward to it.
6. I really don’t have a number 6 right now but had to end on an even number. I am becoming quite OCD in my old age 🙂